The Grizzly Gazette

The Grizzly Gazette

Caelyn Emmerling

Caelyn+Emmerling

Three year starting varsity volleyball player and state champion Caelyn Emmerling signs to continue her volleyball career as a right side at Texas State University.

At the young age of five years old, her mother who was attending Texas State for her masters put Emmerling in the Baby Bobcat volleyball camp there on campus. For Emmerling, the program and the sport was love at first sight.

“I realized that I loved the sport and ever since then I started playing at TAV,” Emmerling said. 

Growing up, Emmerling stuck with volleyball. She learned she had a great arm and being 6’2″, she is able to attack the ball unlike any other attacker. With a strong cross ball, she easily became a top recruit for many colleges. She started her high school career on the Freshman A team, but was quickly moved up to varsity her sophomore year where she excelled. Emmerling made 1st Team all district and Academic all District all 3 years she competed on Varsity. Freshman and sophomore year, Emmerling was named offensive player of the year. Emmerling was also named as one of the best right sides in the state at the state tournament. 

Emmerling says “I’m so thankful to be led to these opportunities by my coaches for the past 12 years.”

With her great success and many offers from top ranked schools, Emmerling knew she needed to make a tough decision, but only one school seemed right to the Puro at heart.

Having grown up in the area and playing in the Bobcat volleyball camps almost every year, Emmerling says, “I loved the coaches, and something just felt like home.” 

Emmerling chose Texas as her home and she’s, “excited to continue my academic and athletic career at a school I love.”

She wants to maintain a good school and academic balance while at Texas State. She also has big goals including seeing herself in a NCAA championship. The varsity volleyball team is losing a good one, but Texas State is getting a great one.